Bacon Jam - Dickey's Barbecue Pit At Home
Apple cider vinegar
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate, reserving about a tablespoon of bacon fat in the pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add onion and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring often, until the onions are caramelized, about 15 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, bring to a simmer and reduce until the liquid thickens and the bubbles grow in size while boiling.
- Cool to room temperature, stir to incorporate any fat that may separate.
- Use immediately and refrigerate until needed.