- Preheat smoker or grill to 275°F.
- Cross cut bacon into 1/4 inch strips and place into a cast iron. Place pan on the stove over a medium-high flame and cook the bacon to render out the fat and lightly brown bacon. Do not cook until crisp. Pour off half the fat from the pan.
- While the bacon is cooking, trim the ends from the brussel sprouts and then cut in half. Peel and dice the onion into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Combine diced onions and half-cut Brussel sprouts with bacon in the cast-iron skillet. Season the combine Brussel sprouts with FooFoo Seasoning, combine well with a spoon to ensure even seasoning.
- Place cast iron in the middle of the smoker or grill and cook for 20 minutes with the top closed. After 20 minutes mix the brussel sprouts to ensure even browning. Continue to cook for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- If the brussel sprouts are not evenly browned, stir 1 more time and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes. Remove from the smoker/grill and serve immediately.
Recipe Categories: Appetizers, Grill, Sides, Smoke, Vegetables, Vegetarian