Prep Time45 minutes
Marinate Time1 day
Cook Time3 hours
- 3 ea
- Pork tenderloin
- 2 ea
- Jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1/2 lb
- Mild Italian sausage meat
- 4 cups
- 4 oz wt
- Cream cheese
- 18 pieces
- Bacon, Apple smoked
- In a sauté pan, cook ground sausage and jalapeños. Break the sausage up while cooking into small pieces. Fully cook until edges are browned.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the baby spinach leaves. And toss 3-4 times. Transfer to a colander and let cool and drain.
- Once cooled, transfer meat to a mixing bowl and combine with cream cheese, set aside.
- Using a knife cut 1/2 inch from the bottom of each pork tenderloin lengthwise. Cut 3/4 of the way in and roll the meat away from the knife. Repeat again on remaining portion of tenderloin loin to create a 1/2 inch thick rectangular piece.
- Layout 6 pieces of bacon so they just overlap each other. Place the meat over the bacon. Separate the filling into three equal portions and spread out evenly on the cut pork.
- Roll the meat up tightly then roll each tenderloin with the bacon. Criss-cross the ends over each other to help hold the bacon together. Use a skewer to hold the bacon in place if needed.
- Heat grill to 400°F.
- Place loin on the grill, and reduce heat to 325. Close the grill and cook pork loins evenly on all 4 sides. Turn frequently, browning the bacon.
- Continue cooking and turning until pork reaches an internal temperature of around 150 degrees. (Check temperature in the loin meat, not in the center where the stuffing is.)
- Remove from heat and cover with foil. Let rest 15 minutes. Slice crosswise to serve.