Pillsbury makes the biscuits and with a few common ingredients, you give this breakfast or dessert delight its smoky, apple-licious flavor. Many people can bake an apple tart in an oven, but only a Dickey’s fan can truly enhance the taste of an apple and cinnamon tart in a smoker.
Prep Time15 Minutes
Cook Time18-20 Minutes
- 1 can
- Flaky layers biscuits, Pillsbury
- 2 Tbsp
- Unsalted butter, melted
- 4 Tbsp
- Granulated sugar
- 4 oz
- Cream cheese
- 2 oz
- Sour cream
- 6 Tbsp
- Powdered sugar
- 2 ea
- Apples, peeled and sliced
- As needed
- Preheat oven or pit to 325°F.
- In a mixing bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream and powdered sugar with a rubber spatula. Mix until smooth.
- Peel and apple and cut into quarters, remove core and slice each quarter into 6-7 slices.
- Remove the biscuit dough from the can, roll each biscuit out with a rolling pin into 5 inch rounds. Place parchment paper on a sheet tray and place rolled pieces of dough on parchment. Space 1/2 inch apart.
- Brush the rolled pieces of dough with butter. Place 1 TB of the cream cheese mixture in the center of the dough.
- Place the cut apples over the cream cheese and lightly push down to set the apples. Sprinkle the sugar over the dough and apples until evenly coated.
- Place in the smoker/oven and bake for 18-20 minutes. Apples should be lightly browned and the crust lightly brown on the edges.
- Dust with cinnamon as desired.