Dickey’s Competition Pellets provide the smoky flavors of maple, hickory, and cherry to a beef brisket point cut. Add Dickey’s Rib Rub, Brisket Rub, and Original Barbecue Sauce, then prepare yourself for the most mouthwatering beef you’ve ever tasted.
Prep Time10 Minutes
Cook Time1 hour
- 2 lbs
- Beef brisket point, smoked
- 2 tbsp
- Dickey's Rib Rub
- 1 tbsp
- Dickey's Beef Brisket Rub
- 1 tbsp
- Vinegar, cider
- 1/2 cup
- Dickey's Original Barbecue Sauce
- Preheat smoker to 275°F using Dickey’s Competition Pellets.
- Burnt ends are best to make when you are smoking a whole brisket. To make burnt ends, you will utilize the point section of the brisket to make the burnt ends. The flat is sliced for sandwiches, plates etc.
- Remove the point of the brisket while it is still hot. The point should easily separate along the fat line between the flat and point. The total weight of the cooked point should roughly be 2 lbs.
- Once the point is removed, cut the point into large 1″ diced pieces. Place the diced pieces into a large mixing bowl. Season the diced pieces with the Dickey’s Rib Rub and Dickey’s Brisket Rub. Then toss with Dickey’s Barbecue Sauce and vinegar.