- This burger will be cooked on the smoker but can be cooked on the grill. Times will be cut almost in half when cooked on the grill.
- Combine brisket with shredded cheese in a mixing bowl and set aside. Portion hamburger meat into 5 oz portions, form into a ball.
- Push your thumb into the ball and form a pocket, stuff the pocket with 1/4 of the cheese and brisket blend. Form the meat to close the pocket covering the filling. Tightly pack the meat so that the cheese cannot run out from the center.
- Lightly press down on the ball on a clean surface to form a 1-inch thick patty. Repeat with the remaining 3 portions of beef and brisket. Season all 4 patties with 1 teaspoon of Dickey’s Beef Brisket Rub on both flat sides and edges.
- Allow burger to chill in the cooler for 30-40 minutes while you heat the smoker.
- Preheat the smoker using Dickeys Oak Pellets for a stick smoker or Dickey’s Competition Pellet blend for a pellet smoker. Heat smoker to 275°F and make sure smoke is running thin before adding the burgers.
- Smoke the burger at 275°F for 20 minutes, do not flip or disturb. After 20 minutes place a cheddar cheese slice over the top of the burger and continue to add some for another 5 minutes.
- Remove burger from the smoker and allow to rest in a plate for 5 minutes prior to building your burger.
- To build the burger. Toast Brioche on a griddle brushed with melted butter. Top the bottom bun in the following order, mayonnaise, brisket burger, lettuce, tomato, red onion, and pickles.
Recipe Categories: Beef, Dinner, Featured, Grill, Lunch, Meat/Protein, Smoke