Give your taste buds a treat with this mouthwatering ribeye. After marinating in a buttery blend that includes Dickey’s Jalapeño Rosemary Steak Seasoning, this richly flavored steak comes off the grill and will melt in your mouth.
Prep Time15 Minutes
Marinate Time24 Hours
Cook Time20 Minutes
- 2 tbsp
- Garlic, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp
- Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp
- Kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1 stick
- Butter, unsalted
- 1 ea
- Tomahawk Ribeye Steak
- 2.5-3 inch thick
- Allow butter to sit at room temperature and fully soften.
- In a mixing bowl combine Dickey’s Jalapeno Rosemary Steak Seasoning, garlic, Dijon mustard, salt, Worcestershire sauce with butter. Use a fork to mash and whip the butter. Evenly combine ingredients until it is a smooth mixture.
- Reserve the butter mixture at room temperature while you prep the Tomahawk ribeye.
- Using a filet knife and a paper towel, scrape and pull all sinew and meat from the bone. This is to ensure the bone does not burn during the cooking process.
- The butcher will typically sell a tomahawk ribeye well trimmed of heavy exterior fat. However, they will sometimes leave a little meat and sinew on the bone.
- Wrap the bone in foil.
- Coat the entire steak including the sides with the softened butter mixture. Place the steak on a sheet of plastic wrap, place on a tray and cover with plastic wrap. Let stand in the refrigerator for 24 hours to marinate.
- Allow the steak to sit at room temperature for 1 hour prior to grilling. Set the steak out while preparing the fire.
- Allow the coals to burn down so that there are no flames, this will help ensure the butter does not burn and smoke too much. Grill with the lid off at all times.
- Place the steak on the grill with the foil remaining on the bone. Cook the steak on each side for 10 minutes over a medium high heat. You will need to move the steak from time to time to reduce flames burning the meat.
- Remove the foil from the bone during the last 5 minutes of grilling. Once the steak reaches desired temperature, remove the steak and allow to rest for 5-8 minutes prior to serving or slicing.
- To slice, cut the meat off of the bone into one large piece. Slice the steak crosswise on a slight bias into 1/2″ slices. You can cut the slices in half if need to make smaller portions.
- Assemble the slices with the bone on a platter. Season the slices with a little salt and pepper if desired.