Experience the fun of assembling and smoking this delicious treat without having to make bread dough. (Thanks, Pillsbury!) With just a few simple ingredients, everyone will be clamoring for the recipe, but don’t let on how easy this smoky pecan pull-apart is to make.
Prep Time30 Minutes
Cook Time90 Minutes
- 2 ea (16.3 oz) can
- Biscuits, Pillsbury
- 3/4 cup
- Granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp
- 1 cup
- Pecans, chopped
- 2/3 cup
- Butter, unsalted melted
- 1 cup
- Brown sugar
- Heat pit up to 325-350° using cherry wood.
- Grease a 12-cup fluted bundt pan with butter or cooking spray.
- In large 1-gallon plastic food storage bag, mix granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Separate biscuits; cut each into quarters. Shake cut pieces in bag to coat.
- Arrange in pan, adding pecans along with the biscuit pieces. Sprinkle any remaining cinnamon sugar and pecans over biscuits.
- Combine melted butter and brown sugar, mix until smooth. Pour the mixture evenly over the biscuit pieces.
- Bake in the smoker for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in center. Loosen edges of pan with metal spatula. Cool in pan 5 minutes.
- Turn upside down onto serving plate; replacing any biscuit pieces and caramel from pan. Pull apart to serve. Serve warm.