What do you get if you mix the cuisine of Lebanon, Mexico, and the Caribbean? You get these spectacular grilled rotisserie chicken tacos, flavored with Dickey’s seasonings, pineapple, onion, cilantro and lime. Your guests will wonder how you wrapped a world of flavor in a corn tortilla.
Prep Time45 Minutes
Marinate Time2 Hours
Cook Time2 Hours
- 5 lb
- Chicken thighs
- 1/2 ea
- Pinapple, whole fresh
- 1 ea
- White onion
- Diced fine
- 1 Bunch
- Rinsed and rough chopped
- 1 ea
- Cut into wedges
- 1 Package
- Corn tortillas
- In small bowl combine Dickey’s Chili Pork Butt Rub and Dickey’s Caribbean Chipotle Barbecue Rub. Stir to mix well.
- Season all chicken thighs well with rub mixture and refrigerate for minimum 2 hours and up to 4.
- Cut pineapple crosswise into 2″ wheels, leaving the core intact. Remove skin from pineapple
- Using the rotisserie attachment for your grill, skewer on one pineapple wheel through the core. Next skewer one chicken thigh at a time alternating directions to create an “x” pattern.
- Finish by capping with the remaining pineapple wheel. Press pineapples together to tightly sandwich chicken thighs. Assemble the rotisserie attachment.
- Grill over a medium open flame with the cover off of the grill until the internal temperature reaches 165° F.
- Slice the chicken into 1/2″ strips. Reserve.
- Grill tortillas to heat. Assemble with chopped chicken, white onion, and cilantro. Serve with a wedge of lime for squeezing.