- Remove the membrane from the back side of the short rib. Using a paper towel to grab the membrane makes it easier.
- Rub the entire short rib with the chili garlic paste. Combine Dickey’s Chili Pork Butt Seasoning and Dickey’s Beef Brisket Rub Seasoning together and evenly season the entire short rib with spice.
- Prepare pellet smoker with Texas blend (Oak and Hickory) and heat to 185°F. Place the short rib meat side up into the smoker and smoke for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours turn the temperature up to 275°F and bring the internal temperature of the short ribs to 165°-170°F. Remove ribs from the smoker, brush surface with olive oil and wrap in peach paper or foil.
- Return the ribs to the smoker and turn the heat down to 250°F and smoke until the short rib reaches 195°F. Remove from the smoker and allow the ribs to rest 1 hour in a insulated cooler prior to serving.
- Cut ribs from each other. They should be able to cleanly slice but be super tender and moist.
- Serve with red pepper cheddar grits and mustard greens.
Recipe Categories: Beef, Cooking Method, Dinner, Meal Type, Meat/Protein, Smoke