Just when you thought bacon was the perfect food, we’ve gone and made it even more perfect, thanks to brown sugar, pepper, and Dickey’s Chili Pork Butt Rub. Coat the bacon with the sugar and spice mix, pop it in the oven, and in a few minutes, you’ll have the best dang bacon you’ve ever tasted.
Prep Time15 Minutes
Cook Time25 Minutes
- 1 Cup
- Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp
- Black pepper, ground
- 1 lb
- Bacon, Thick Sliced, Smoked
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine brown sugar, Dickey’s Chili Pork Butt seasoning, and black pepper in a bowl with a whisk.
- Line a sheet tray with foil (fat and sugar will caramelize and make clean up hard). Place a wire rack over the foil-lined sheet tray and arrange bacon evenly over the wire rack.
- Sprinkle the sugar and spice mixture evenly over the slices of bacon until evenly coated with a thin layer.
- Place bacon into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, rotate pan 2-3 times every 5 minutes to ensure even cooking of the bacon. Once the bacon is fully rendered, remove from the oven. Cool for 4-5 minutes before removing bacon.