Just when you thought bacon was the perfect food, weâ€™ve gone and made it even more perfect, thanks to brown sugar, pepper, and Dickeyâ€™s Chili Pork Butt Rub. Coat the bacon with the sugar and spice mix, pop it in the oven, and in a few minutes, youâ€™ll have the best dang bacon youâ€™ve ever tasted.
Prep Time15 Minutes
Cook Time25 Minutes
- 1 Cup
- Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp
- Black pepper, ground
- 1 lb
- Bacon, Thick Sliced, Smoked
- Preheat oven to 400Â°F. Combine brown sugar, Dickey’s Chili Pork Butt seasoning, and black pepper in a bowl with a whisk.
- Line a sheet tray with foil (fat and sugar will caramelize and make clean up hard). Place a wire rack over the foil-lined sheet tray and arrange bacon evenly over the wire rack.
- Sprinkle the sugar and spice mixture evenly over the slices of bacon until evenly coated with a thin layer.
- Place bacon into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, rotate pan 2-3 times every 5 minutes to ensure even cooking of the bacon. Once the bacon is fully rendered, remove from the oven. Cool for 4-5 minutes before removing bacon.