You love coffee and you love steak, right? Thanks to Dickey’s Salted Coffee Rub, now you can combine the two. Sprinkle the rub on a flat iron steak for a tasty crust. Grill using Dickey’s Competition Blend Pellets to add a hardwood flavor for a powerful taste sensation.
Prep Time2 Minutes
Marinate Time20 Minutes
Cook Time10-15 Minutes
PelletsCompetition Blend or charcoal
- 1 ea
- Flat Iron steak
- 1 tbsp
- Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp
- Dickey's Salted Coffee Rub
- as needed
- Butter, salted
- Pat steak dry with a paper towel.
- Rub the entire steak with the Worcestershire sauce until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle the Dickey’s Salted Coffee Rub over the entire steak, both sides. The seasoning should form a even crust. Allow the steak to rest in the refrigerator while you prepare the grill. Being a thin steak no need to allow it to warm to room temp.
- Prepare grill with charcoal or Competition Blend Pellets. Heat grill to 500°F.
- Place the flat iron steak on the grates and cook for 4-5 minutes on one side. Do not move the steak as the salted coffee crust can easily come off if moved.
- Flip the steak over and continue to cook to desired temperature. Brush the steak on both sides with melted butter, as desired, and remove from the grill, let rest for 4-5 minutes.
- Crosscut the steak into 1/4″ slices on a bias. Arrange steak on platter and serve.