- Combine the chopped garlic, onions, with olive oil and white wine in a zip lock back. Message the bag to bruise the ingredients to release more flavor.
- Season each hanger steak with 1 tbsp of Dickey’s Beef Brisket Rub. Place the hanger steaks into the zip lock bag with the marinade and tumble to evenly coat. Shake the ingredients to the bottom of the bag and place in the refrigerator.
- Allow the ingredients to marinate for 12 hours priors to grilling or smoking.
- Prepare grill with charcoal or pellets and heat to 450°F. Remove the steaks from the marinade. There is no need to remove all the onions from the surface, this will add flavor while grilling.
- Place hanger steak on the grill grates crosswise. Cover the grill to add flavor and lightly smoke the meat as it cooks. Grill the steak on each side for 3-4 minutes until the entire steak is evenly cooked.
- Remove from the grill and allow to rest for 4-5 minutes. Cross cut steak into 1/2″ piece across the grain on a slight bias.
Recipe Categories: Beef, Dinner, Grill, Lunch, Smoke