- Cut bacon into 1/4 inch pieces and place into a pan and cook until crisp.
- In a blender, combine chipotle peppers and adobo sauce, cream of mushroom soup, half and half and chili pork spice and blend until smooth.
- Fill a pot with water. Make sure the stems are removed from the green beans and cut them in half crosswise.
- Blanch the green beans in the boiling water until cooked through. Strain and place hot green beans into a casserole dish. Pour the combine sauce over the green beans and top with the crisp bacon.
- Stir the beans to coat with the sauce.
- Heat a smoker or oven to 350°F and cook the casserole uncovered for 25 minutes. Stir one time to ensure beans are evenly cooked and covered with sauce.
- Top with the remaining onions and continue to cook for 5-10 minutes to brown the onions lightly
Recipe Categories: Bake, Sides, Smoke, Vegetables