Celebrate the flavors of Philadelphia with this incredible take on a cheesesteak. Put Dickey’s Chili Pork Butt Rub on a grilled filet steak, add sweet onion, pimento cheese, and butter, pile it all onto a French loaf, and it’ll taste like you’re back in the city of brotherly love.
Prep Time15 Minutes
Cook Time30 Minutes
- 3 ea
- Bistro filet steaks
- 2 ea
- Sweet onion
- Sliced thin (1/8")
- 4 ea
- French loaves
- 1 pint
- Prepared pimento cheese
- 2 tbsp
- Place cast iron pan on grill and heat grill to medium high. Add Butter. Once melted add sweet onion and cook until caramelization begins. Remove from heat.
- Roll each steak in Dickey’s Chili Pork Butt Rub and immediately place on grill. Grill 4-5 minutes on each side for medium rare. Remove from heat and rest 5-10 minutes. Spice rub should char and get smokey from the cooking process.
- Place onions back on heat. Thinly slice the steaks crosswise into 1/4″ slices, add to onions. Add 1 tbsp of Dickey’s Chili Pork Butt Rub. Toss to mix.
- Cut french loaves lengthwise to open but not separate (leave a “hinge” connecting the two halves). Place the cut side down on grill to toast.
- Once toasted, spread pimento cheese on both grilled sides of bread. Add steak and onion mixture. Cut in half and serve with your favorite sides.