- Place cast iron pan on grill and heat grill to medium high. Add Butter. Once melted add sweet onion and cook until caramelization begins. Remove from heat.
- Roll each steak in Dickey’s Chili Pork Butt Rub and immediately place on grill. Grill 4-5 minutes on each side for medium rare. Remove from heat and rest 5-10 minutes. Spice rub should char and get smokey from the cooking process.
- Place onions back on heat. Thinly slice the steaks crosswise into 1/4″ slices, add to onions. Add 1 tbsp of Dickey’s Chili Pork Butt Rub. Toss to mix.
- Cut french loaves lengthwise to open but not separate (leave a “hinge” connecting the two halves). Place the cut side down on grill to toast.
- Once toasted, spread pimento cheese on both grilled sides of bread. Add steak and onion mixture. Cut in half and serve with your favorite sides.
Recipe Categories: Beef, Grill, Lunch