- Place the pork butt on a clean sheet tray, and allow it to come to room temperature.
- Using Hickory Pellets, turn on your smoker and wait until the temperature is 225-250 degrees.
- Place the pork butt fat-side up in the center of a piece of foil that is 1 1/2 foot square. Sprinkle Dickey’s Rib Rub over the entire pork butt and rub it with your hands. Fold up the sides of the foil to make a bowl, and place the pork butt on the smoker.
- Smoke the pork for 8 to 9 hours (45-60 minutes per pound)
- Do not flip, turn, or poke the pork with a fork at any time during this smoking process. When the thermometer reads between 190 and 200 degrees F, the pork is done.
- Place the smoked pork on a chopping block, and let it rest for 15 to 25 minutes before you pull it. As you “pull” you will need to remove the bone from the center of the pork.
Recipe Categories: Dinner, Pork, Smoke