Three of life’s culinary pleasures—jalapeños, cheddar, and bacon—come together in an appetizer that will disappear in seconds. Using Dickey’s Beef Brisket Rub, this is no ordinary cheese log. Your taste buds will have to work overtime to sort out all the incredible flavors.
Prep Time10 Minutes
Cook Time20 Minutes
- 8 oz
- Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 oz
- Smoked Gouda
- 5 oz
- Cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tbsp
- Heavy cream
- 1 tbsp
- Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp
- Dickey's Beef Brisket Rub
- 1 each
- Jalapeno, seeds removed
- 1/2 lb
- Bacon, apple smoked
- Chips and crackers
- Remove seeds from jalapeno, chop and minced the pepper finely.
- Cut Gouda into small pieces.
- Place Gouda and cheddar cheese into a food processor and pulse to break down Gouda and cheddar cheese into small pieces.
- Add cream cheese, heavy cream, Dijon mustard and Dickey’s Beef Brisket Rub to the food processor. Process until smooth, you may need to scrape the sides of the processor one or two times to ensure the cheese is smooth.
- Add the minced jalapenos to the processor and pulse to combine. Do not over mix.
- Place a large piece of plastic wrap down on the counter top. Scoop cheese onto the plastic wrap and form into a log.
- Tightly wrap the ends and roll tightly into a log shape. Chill for 1 hour.
- While cheese is chilling cook bacon until very crispy. Cool to room temperature.
- Chop bacon finely, Remove plastic wrap from cheese and roll the cheese into the crisp bacon pieces.
- Serve with your favorite crackers.