It’s a hog extravaganza! Combine cream cheese, Cheddar cheese and Dickey’s Rib Rub with pulled pork and Dickey’s Original Smoked Polish Sausage. Wrap it all in bacon, skewer it, smoke it, brush Dickey’s Barbecue Sauce on it, and get ready for some pig paradise.
Prep Time20 Minutes
Marinate Time30 Minutes
Cook Time1 hour
Serves15-20 People (2 ea)
- 8 oz wt
- Cream Cheese
- 2 Cups
- Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 1 Tbs
- Dickey's Rib Rub
- .5 lb
- Pulled Pork
- 1/2 Cup
- Dickey's Original Barbecue Sauce
- 10 Each
- Bamboo Skewers
- This is a great use for leftover pulled pork.
- Remove the bacon from the refrigerator and cut the entire pack in half crosswise while still cold. Allow the bacon to slightly come to room temperature (5-10 minutes) while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
- Combine, cream cheese with Dickey’s Rib Rub and cheddar cheese in a mixing bowl until mixed well. Shred and lightly chop cold pulled pork and combine with the cream cheese mixture.
- Using a spoon divide the filling into 40 portions and ball them together. Place the portions on a small tray and place in the refrigerator.
- Slice 1/4 inch off from the end of the Kielbasa, crosscut the entire kielbasa into 3/8 inch thick coins. Cut straight across the sausage, do not slice on a bias.
- Place the sausage flat on a cutting board, place 1 chilled portion of the pulled pork and cream cheese mixture over the sausage.
- Wrap each stack sausage and pork filling portion with 1/2 strip of room temperature bacon. The bacon should stretch so that the ends overlap and hold together. Lightly press down on the pork filling so that it stretches the bacon slightly.
- Place 4 bacon wrapped sausage portions in a row with the bacon ends facing towards you. Push 1 bamboo skewer through the 4 sausage portions. Place the skewers halfway up the portion so that the bacon holds together.
- Place the skewers in the refrigerator for 30 minutes while you heat the smoker.
- Heat the smoker or grill to 300 deg F. Once heated place the skewers on the grates with the sausage side down. Cook the skewers for 45 minutes or until the bacon is rendered and slightly crispy on the edges.
- Brush the tops of the pig shooters with Dickey’s Barbecue Sauce until evenly glazed.
- Remove from the grill and remove skewers using a pair of tongs.
- Place on a platter to serve.