Surpassing all other food-on-a-stick favorites, Dickey’s Rib Rub and Original Barbecue Sauce turn these pork belly treats into a tender, smoky, flavorful delicacy that’ll put you in hog heaven. They are meant to be an appetizer, but guests will want them as the main course.
Prep Time15 Minutes
Cook Time4 Hours
- 4 lbs
- Pork Belly, skin removed
- 2 tbsp
- Dickey's Rib Rub
- 1 tsp
- Black Pepper
- 2 cups
- Cranberry juice
- 1 each
- Cinnamon stick
- 1/2 inch piece
- Ginger, peeled
- Season pork belly on both sides with Dickey’s Rib Rub and black pepper. Place into a pan and hold over night to marinate.
- Heat smoker to 225 deg F and smoke pork for 3.5 hours. Remove from smoker and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
- While pork is resting, prepare glaze. In a small sauce pot reduce cranberry juice with cinnamon stick and ginger piece. Once reduced by 75%, add Dickey’s Original Barbecue Sauce and bring to a simmer. Turn heat off.
- Cut pork into 1 inch wide strips, then cross cut into 1 inch squares.
- Place skewers into the diced pieces of pork belly, dip the pieces into the cranberry barbecue sauce and return the to the smoker. Increase the heat of the smoker to 250 deg F. Smoke until sauce is slightly caramelized. 20-30 minutes.
- Place on a platter and serve.