- Rub the entire brisket flat with olive oil. Then season the entire brisket with Dickey’s Salted Coffee Rub salted coffee spice.
- Heat smoker to 275-300°F using pecan and oak. Place a water pan in the smoker.
- Place the brisket fat side up into the smoker and begin to smoke brisket. Once the brisket reaches 165°-170°F remove the brisket from the smoker and place on butcher paper or foil. Brush the entire brisket with melted butter.
- Fold the paper or foil over the brisket and replace back into the smoker. Reduce smoker heat to 225°-250°F and finish cooking the brisket until it reached 195°F. Remove from the smoker and allow to rest in a insulated cooler for 1 hour.
- Heat onions prior to slicing brisket.
- Slice brisket and top with barbecued onions and crumbled blue cheese.
- Serve with salted coffee roasted sweet potato fries or your favorite side!
Recipe Categories: Beef, Cooking Method, Dinner, Meal Type, Meat/Protein, Roast, Smoke