Great flavor isn’t limited to any one type of food. That’s why Dickey’s Salted Coffee Rub is a necessary component even when making cookies. Up the ante on flavor by adding just one tablespoon to the dry ingredients. This recipe makes 36 cookies, more than enough to share: 35 for you and one for that special someone.
Prep Time25 Minutes
Cook Time8-10 Minutes
- 4 Tbsp
- Butter, unsalted
- Softened to room temperature
- 1 Cup
- Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tsp
- Vanilla Extract
- 2 Each
- Egg, large
- 1 Cup
- All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup
- Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Cup
- Cocoa Powder, Good Dutch-processed
- 1/3 Cup
- Chocolate Chips, Mini
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a metal mixing bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and Salted Coffee Rub with a whisk.
- Combine eggs into a separate small cup and lightly whip with vanilla.
- Combine the softened butter with the flour mixture. Add the mini chocolate chips. Once even combined add the mixed eggs and vanilla to the bowl and work together until well blended.
- The dough will be too loose at this point and needs to be chilled to set up. Spread out on a sheet of parchment paper and place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Or you can roll into a 1″ log in the parchment paper and place in the cooler overnight to bake the following day.
- Once chilled roll the dough into a 1-inch log and cut into 1″ pieces. Roll pieces into a ball then roll in powdered sugar to coat evenly.
- Place on a coated cookie tray and bake immediately in a 400°F oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature on a cookie rack or any other rack to maximize airflow under the tray.
- Remove from tray and enjoy!