- Prepare the jalapeño bacon syrup first. Dice cold bacon into 1/2 inch pieces and place into a saute pan over medium-high heat. Render and cook bacon until almost crisp.
- Pour out half of the bacon fat, add finely chopped jalapeños and saute for 2-3 minutes to soften, add Dickey’s Chili Pork Butt Rub. Remove the pan from the heat and pour the syrup into the pan. Mix the syrup well and let stand to infuse syrup for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat griddle to 350°F.
- Combine Jiffy corn muffin mix, eggs, vegetable oil, and milk in a mixing bowl. Mix until smooth. Add cheddar cheese and pulled pork, mix well.
- Portion 1/4 cup batter onto a lightly oiled 350°F griddle when pancake bubble around edges flip over.
- Cook pancakes until the second side is golden brown. Remove from griddle and stack 2-3 pancakes on each plate.
- Serve pancakes with butter and jalapeño bacon syrup.
Recipe Categories: Bake, Breakfast, Cooking Method, Meal Type, Meat/Protein, Pork