It is the Texas version of surf and turf! Use Dickey’s Original Smoked Polish Sausage and jumbo shrimp, seasoned with Dickey’s Chili Pork Butt Rub, to create the best dang kabobs you’ve ever had. Steak and lobster don’t come close to this flavorful combination.
Prep Time30 Minutes
Cook Time7-10 Minutes
- 1 rope (1 lb)
- Dickey's Original Smoked Polish Sausage
- 24 each
- Shrimp, jumbo peeled, tail on
- 1 tbsp
- Olive Oil
- As needed
- Lemons and Limes, wedges
- Soak 8 skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Preheat pellet grill to 350°F and make sure grates are brushed clean once heated.
- Crosscut sausage into 1 inch thick coins. Make sure shrimp are not sitting in water, they should be slightly dry so the oil and seasoning will not drip off. Pat dry with a pepper towel if needed.
- Wrap the shrimp around each sausage coin in a “C” shape and place 3 shrimp and sauce pieces on a skewer. Push the skewer through the tail into the sausage and then the head of the shrimp to ensure they hold together.
- Brush the skewers with olive oil and season evenly with the Dickey’s Chili Pork Butt Rub.
- Place the skewers on the brushed grill grates and cook for 3-4 minutes to cook and heat the sausage. Flip over and continue to cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked.
- Serve the skewers with barbecue sauce or fresh cut lemons or limes.