- Peel and julienne onions.
- Preheat smoker to 225°F
- Heat a large sauce pan over a medium high flame. Add oil and heat until shimmering.
- Add onions and saute for 8-10 minutes until onions begin to lightly caramelize on edges.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the pan and cook until liquid has evaporated (4-5 minutes). Continue to stir so sugars from Original Dickey’s Barbecue Sauce do not burn on the bottom of the pan.
- Remove onions from pan and place on a sheet tray. Place tray in the smoker and smoke onions for 90 minutes. Remove from the smoker.
Recipe Categories: Cooking Method, Dips, Meal Type, Meat/Protein, Smoke, Vegetables