A delicious twist on baked potatoes, Dickey’s Beef Brisket Rub or Dickey’s Jalapeño Rosemary Steak Seasoning combine with the robust flavor of blue cheese to create a potato that explodes with flavor. By comparison, any other type of tater is just plain boring.
Prep Time10 Minutes
Cook Time70-90 Minutes
- 2 each
- Russet potatoes, large
- 2 tbsp
- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup
- Blue cheese crumbles
- 2 tsp
- Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup
- Bacon pieces, cooked (optional)
- Preheat oven or smoker to 400 deg F.
- Wash russet potatoes under cool running water and remove all dirt.
- Cut vertical slits into each potato, stopping just before you cut through so that the slices stay connected at the bottom of the potato. Space the slices 1/8-inch to 1/4-inch apart. Do not cut trough potato.
- Rub each potato with 1 tbsp of olive oil and season with 1/2 tsp of Dickey’s Beef Brisket Rub or Dickey’s Jalapeño Rosemary Steak Seasoning.
- Place potatoes on a baking tray. You can place a small piece of foil in the center of each potato to force the slices apart as it bakes.
- Place tray in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place crumbled blue cheese evenly over the potato filling the open spaces between the slices.
- Return to the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.