- Preheat smoker with Oak Pellets or Hickory Pellets to 250°F.
- Using a filet knife score the entire bologna a 1/4″ – 1/2″ deep in a crisscross pattern spaced 1″ apart over the entire surface.
- Rub the bologna with yellow mustard and then evenly season with Dickey’s Chili Pork Butt Seasoning.
- Place the bologna on a rack in the smoker and smoke for 3-4 hours or until the spice rub darkens the exterior of the bologna. Remove from the smoker and let stand at room temperature to allow the exterior to cool and dry slightly.
- To make sandwiches, slice tomatoes and yellow onions into 1/4″ slices. Break onion rings apart. Remove the core from Iceberg lettuce and cut into quarters.
- Toast the bread slices, spread 1 heaping tablespoon mayonnaise to one slice of bread and 1 heaping Tablespoon mustard to a second slice.
- The slice with the mustard is your bottom slice, place a half-inch thick crosscut slice of bologna over the mustard.
- Top bologna with lettuce, tomatoes, and onions. Top sandwich with a slice of toast with mayonnaise.
Recipe Categories: Beef, Dinner, Grill, Lunch, Pork, Smoke