This exotic-tasting condiment can be served with pork or poultry (especially our Smoked, Brined Whole Turkey) and can even be put atop a cracker along with cream cheese or brie. The sweet and tart taste combination is enhanced by our Everything Bagel Rub.
Prep Time10 Minutes
Cook Time2 - 2.5 hours
- 2 ea
- Sweet onion
- Clean and quartered
- 1 lb
- Fresh or frozen or thawed cranberries
- 1/2 cup
- Light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup
- Apply cider vinegar
- Preheat smoker to 275° to 300°. Place onions on small pan and into smoker until deep brown and tender. Approx. 1 – 1 1/2 hours. Add Cranberries to the smoker in a separate pan during last 30 minutes of smoke time.
- Place onions in food processor and pulse to finely chop.
- Add all ingredients to small sauce pan and heat over low/medium heat to combine. Cranberries should be popped and sauce should begin to thicken. Approx. 10-15 minutes.
- Cool to thicken. Serve at room temperature.