- Wash potatoes in cold water to remove any dirt, allow to drain.
- Heat smoker with Cherry Pellets or Pecan Pellets to 275°F while potatoes are draining.
- Toss potatoes with olive oil then salt and pepper. Place potatoes on the racks of the preheated smoker and smoke for 90 minutes or until a knife can easily pass through the potato.
- Remove the potatoes from the smoker and place on a sheet tray to cool at room temperature. Once cooled, cut the potatoes into 3/4″-1″ pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl combine mayonnaise, relish, sugar, cider vinegar and Dijon mustard with a whisk.
- Chopped the hard-boiled eggs into 1/2″ pieces. Combine diced eggs and smoked diced potatoes with the mayonnaise mixture in the large bowl and combine with a large spoon. Do not crush the potatoes and eggs.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper as needed, then transfer to a serving bowl and refrigerate.
- To serve, sprinkle the paprika or Dickey’s Rib Rub over the top of the potatoes followed by the diced red onions.
Recipe Categories: Sides, Smoke, Vegetables