- Preheat smoker to 250°.
- Using your hands coat rib roast with olive oil ensuring even coverage.
- Using a shaker coat rib roast with the brisket rub. Use your hands to “pat” the seasoning into the meat. Do not rub as this will rub off the black pepper.
- Insert a meat probe and place in smoker. The roast should take approx. 20-30 minutes per pound.
- Remove from smoker and allow the roast to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes. During that time heat the smoker to 500°F.
- Place the prime rib back into the smoker at 500° and sear the exterior of the rib for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove and let rest at room temperature for 45 minutes, capture any drippings from the prime rib. Slice right before serving.
- Using a brush, brush slices with pan dripping and season with a little more brisket spice as needed. This is a step to really give each slice a blast of flavor.
Recipe Categories: Beef, Dinner, Smoke