- Combine Dickey’s Original Barbecue Sauce with vinegar, Dickey’s Chili Pork Butt Rub, and black pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Remove 1.5 cups of the sauce from the bowl to marinate the chicken wings. Toss the wings in a mixing bowl with salt and 1 cup of the spiced sauce. Toss well and marinate overnight.
- Turn the smoker on and heat to 190°F. Place the marinated chicken wings on the grates and smoke for 60 minutes. After 90 minutes turn the heat up to 250°F to finish heating the chicken until it reaches 165°F at the bone.
- Remove from the smoker and turn the heat up to 450°F. Place the chicken wings back on the grill and grill until the skin starts to crisp. Brush sauce onto the wings and turn frequently to glaze.
- Serve with dressing and pickle chips.
Recipe Categories: Appetizers, Chicken, Grill, Lunch, Smoke